- You usually need support from a person, or equipment to do everyday things for yourself because of an impairment or condition that is permanent.
- You are an Australian resident
- You are under 65 years old
For more information on the rollout of NDIS in your area and transitioning on to the scheme visit www.ndis.gov.au/participants
NDIS and funding for your continence plan
For service at our Clinic, support is funded under Capacity Building – Improved Daily Living.
A comprehensive continence assessment takes time.
You will require a minimum of 4 hours for a full assessment, report and product prescription.
If your needs are complex and include multiple products or travel then additional hours may be required.
A Continence Plan and/or Therapy may be recommended in the initial report.
Additional hours will be required to implement a continence plan and or therapy to improve your continence status and participation.
A CONTINENCE ASSESSMENT WILL BE INCLUDED IN A PERSON’S NDIS PLAN IF THEY ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Do you have complications such as urine leakage and related skin irritation?
- Do you have regular urinary tract infections?
- Do you have regular blocked catheters?
- Do you have difficulty using the equipment prescribed to manage your urinary incontinence?
- Do you need assistance to use your urinary continence equipment?
- Do you have regular uncontrolled loss of stool (bowel accidents) and related skin irritation?
- Do you experience regular constipation?
- Are you confused about what equipment and aperients (oral medication to assist with your bowel program) to use?
- Do you avoid taking part in work or leisure activities because of your incontinence?
- Do you need help with getting off and on the toilet?
- Do you need help to learn how to use the toilet on your own?
- Do you regularly wet the bed?
To view our service request form click here
To view our Service Agreements for NDIS Funded Services at our Clinic click here
OR for catheter change supports and services click here
We take your feedback seriously. Should you have any compliments, complaints or feedback please speak to the staff member involved, email us or complete the form on this page here.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint please refer to the NDIS complaints procedure via the NDIS plan commissioner here.