- You usually need support from a person, or equipment to do everyday things for yourself because of an impairment or condition that is permanent.
- You are an Australian resident
- You are under 65 years old
For more information on the rollout of NDIS in your area and transitioning on to the scheme visit www.ndis.gov.au/participants
NDIS and funding for your continence plan
For service at our Clinic, support is funded under Capacity Building – Improved Daily Living.
A comprehensive continence assessment takes time.
You will require a minimum of 4 hours for a full assessment, report and product prescription.
If your needs are complex and include multiple products or travel then additional hours may be required.
A Continence Plan and/or Therapy may be recommended in the initial report.
Additional hours will be required to implement a continence plan and or therapy to improve your continence status and participation.
a CONTINENCE ASSESSMENT WILL BE INCLUDED IN A PERSON’S NDIS PLAN IF THEY ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Do you have complications such as urine leakage and related skin irritation?
- Do you have regular urinary tract infections?
- Do you have regular blocked catheters?
- Do you have difficulty using the equipment prescribed to manage your urinary incontinence?
- Do you need assistance to use your urinary continence equipment?
- Do you have regular uncontrolled loss of stool (bowel accidents) and related skin irritation?
- Do you experience regular constipation?
- Are you confused about what equipment and aperients (oral medication to assist with your bowel program) to use?
- Do you avoid taking part in work or leisure activities because of your incontinence?
- Do you need help with getting off and on the toilet?
- Do you need help to learn how to use the toilet on your own?
- Do you regularly wet the bed?