Our experienced multidisciplinary team can provide assessment and help you plan a management program to suit children, adults and seniors with or without additional needs
– Consultation in our centrally located Melbourne clinic or virtually/telephone/telehealth.
– Helping people who have problems with:
- NDIS Continence assessment and plans
- Constipation and Bowel Incontinence
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bedwetting, toilet training and coaching
- Pelvic Floor weakness or overactivity
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Incontinence Skin Care needs
- Catheter Consultations/Care
- Adaptive Equipment
- Toilet environment recommendations
We accept referrals from any source for this service, including GPs, family, carers, case managers and self-referral
We are NDIS providers
We are a fee for service clinic
Download our Clinic Brochure:VCRC Bladder Bowel Clinic
Failure to attend a scheduled appointment or cancellation with less than two (2) CLEAR BUSINESS DAYS notice may incur a fee of up to 90% of the scheduled expected fee.
At Your Appointment
The continence clinician will work with you to develop a plan that suits your needs such as:
- Learning how to use the toilet independently
- Gain night time control
- Developing strategies to help with challenging behaviours around toileting
- Pelvic floor muscle training
The continence clinician will help you choose appropriate products and teach you how to use equipment to manage your bladder and bowel needs.
- You usually need support from a person, or equipment to do everyday things for yourself because of an impairment or condition that is permanent.
- You are an Australian resident
- You are under 65 years old
For more information on the rollout of NDIS in your area and transitioning on to the scheme visit www.ndis.gov.au/participants
NDIS and funding for Your Continence Plan
For service at our Clinic, support is funded under Capacity Building – Improved Daily Living.
A comprehensive continence assessment takes time.
You will require a minimum of 4 hours for a full assessment, report and product prescription.
If your needs are complex and include multiple products or travel then additional hours may be required.
A Continence Plan and/or Therapy may be recommended in the initial report.
Additional hours will be required to implement a continence plan and or therapy to improve your continence status and participation.
A Continence Assessment will be included in a person’s NDIS plan if they answer YES to any of the following questions
- Do you have complications such as urine leakage and related skin irritation?
- Do you have regular urinary tract infections?
- Do you have regular blocked catheters?
- Do you have difficulty using the equipment prescribed to manage your urinary incontinence?
- Do you need assistance to use your urinary continence equipment?
- Do you have regular uncontrolled loss of stool (bowel accidents) and related skin irritation?
- Do you experience regular constipation?
- Are you confused about what equipment and aperients (oral medication to assist with your bowel program) to use?
- Do you avoid taking part in work or leisure activities because of your incontinence?
- Do you need help with getting off and on the toilet?
- Do you need help to learn how to use the toilet on your own?
- Do you regularly wet the bed?